Pacific Coastal Airlines
Application Process, Benefits for Employees, Equal Opportunity, and Privacy
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Apply! – Email your cover letter and resume as a word or pdf attachment to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are applying for a posting, please include the posting number within your cover letter and as the subject of your email. If you are applying for a general opportunity, please include the job title/department that you are interested in within your cover letter and as the subject of your email. You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received.
2. Screening – All applications (received specifically for a posting or on file from general applications) are screened against the job description of the posting. The knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job are compared to that of the applicant. Qualified applicants will be contacted by telephone or email to arrange for an interview. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
3. Interviews - We use various interviewing types, such as telephone, group and individual interviews. Before we begin asking you questions, we will discuss the position in detail with respect to the tasks, responsibilities and expectations. We like to take the opportunity to ensure that you not only understand the job, but also that it meets your expectations and needs. With both parties still interested, we will continue the interview process. We focus on asking you behavioural questions that relate the job to your education and experience because research shows that how you have performed in the past is strongly linked to how you will perform in the future. The interviews will also be a chance for you to ask questions of us, so please come prepared. More often than not, a successful applicant will attend a series of interviews with various Pacific Coastal Airlines individuals.
4. Reference Checks – We may ask for your consent to verify your education and work experience with a few references. Please be prepared with at least two individuals that we may contact.
5. Offer – We’re almost there! We will present you with an offer of employment outlining “the details” such as start date, position, type of employment, hours of work, wages, vacation, etc. With your acceptance, we will arrange for your orientation.
6. Welcome Aboard!
Working at Pacific Coastal Airlines definitely has its benefits. We foster a challenging and dynamic working environment while recognizing and rewarding our employees for a job well done We offer a comprehensive benefits program to permanent employees, including extended health, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, accidental death & dismemberment, travel insurance, group RRSP, and travel privileges.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Pacific Coastal Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. As a member of the Legislated Employment Equity Program, we demonstrate respect and provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for positions regardless of race, color, national origin, political belief, religion, marital or family status, physical or mental disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or irrelevant (not related to the work to be performed) record of offense. Decisions are based on job performance, merit, experience, and qualifications.
Maintaining the privacy of your personal information is important to us and we take it very seriously. By submitting your cover letter and resume to Pacific Coastal Airlines, you consent to its collection, use and disclosure for the recruitment and selection process. Only Human Resources and the management staff responsible for hiring will have access to your personal information.